Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A New Blog Focus - The 6 of Wands

Hello my fabulous peeps! It's been a long time since I've posted on this blog, but that's all going to change as I'm returning to the blogging world with a new focus. While I'm still the goddess of nerds (I think I shall always be), I've also discovered that I long to be the goddess of something else as well...something of a more mystical nature...something metaphysical...drum roll please...the tarot!

I've been reading tarot cards since I was that geeky teenager who stayed in her room on Friday nights with a pint of Ben and Jerry's instead of going out on dates. A very special friend, Natalie, gave me my first deck when I was just 15 (the very same deck I still use pretty much all the time today in fact).

Back in September, I started taking an advanced tarot class, and my instructor, Jeanne, mentioned that my way of looking at the cards is insightful with a twist of amusing and that I should start blogging about their meanings. So, now I am!

Last night in class I did a relationship adversity spread and my outcome was the 6 of Wands, which I find to be a very very very positive card. But, one of the people in my card interpretation group totally disagreed. She said it means leaving and moving on, riding away. I know we're all entitled to our own opinions, but I so do not see the 6 of wands that way. At all.

I mean, look at the person on the horse! He's being rewarded for his hard work. Even his horse looks honored to be in his presence, "Hey, man, you're awesome. I'm proud to be carting your ass around, and I just might have a small crush on you, too." Not that I'm into bestiality, but look at those come hither eyes! The horse is definitely carrying a torch for her rider.

Anyway, I think this is a great card, especially in a love reading. I think it means:
  • Success is right around the corner
  • You'll soon be acknowledged for all the hard work you're putting in the relationship (or people are about to take notice of how awesome you are if you're single and ready to mingle)
  • Personal triumph/success
  • You will overcome obstacles/problems
  • You're about to receive some well-deserved attention/affection
  • Your partner/love interest thinks very highly of you
I get annoyed when readers take a card that's clearly happy/positive and put a negative spin on it. It's not that I'm mad because they're telling me what I don't want to hear (well, yeah, I am), but the tarot is already full of not-so-awesome cards that spell trouble for relationships. If my guides wanted to communicate that to me, I would've pulled one of those. Or, at least, I like to think I would've.





No comments:

Post a Comment