Wednesday, October 17, 2012

5 of Swords: Watch Your Back!

Every morning I do two tarot readings and pull a card of the day for each: one for work/life and one for love. Today for my work/life card, I got the 5 of Swords. Boo!

As you can probably tell by the picture, this isn't a card of great joy. The guy holding the swords looks like a self-righteous douche, who pissed off his opponents so much that they just gave up. "Fine, you win, Asshole. Just get the hell away from me."

So what does this card mean for me? Am I the self-righteous douche? Or am I the guy walking away? I'm not sure, and frankly, I don't want to be either!

Am I currently negatively affecting someone I care about? Are my actions destructive? Gee, I hope not.

When I'm giving a reading for someone, this card tends to come up if my readee has recently been stabbed in the back by someone they trusted. So, that's another interpretation of the 5 of Swords. And, once again, not a stellar one.

Here are some other not-so-awesome meanings of the 5 of Swords:
  • Workplace drama (maybe a coworker is trying to throw you under the bus)
  • Back stabbing
  • Winning arguments but not because you're right, because everyone is so freaking sick of fighting with you, they give up
  • Someone in your life is not who they seem to be
  • Challenges
  • Manipulation
Oy! Maybe I should just go back to bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment